The Globalvia website has been created with level Double-A conformance to the web accessibility guidelines established by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a permanent working group of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), in order to improve its accessibility. The application of these standards offers a series of benefits such as:
- - Universal access for all users, regardless of their physical condition or surroundings.
- - Clear, well-structured content.
- - Improved browsing and user experience.
The Globalvia website was developed using XHTML (eXtensible Hypertext Markup Language) and style sheets, complying with the XHTML 1.0 and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) validations of the W3C whenever possible.
Some of the most important measures we have adopted are:
- - Use of CSS to display information.
- - Alternate text for images.
- - Application of W3C standards.
- - Keyboard shortcuts to the main menu options.
- - Use of relative font sizing, which allows the user to change the size of the font from his/her internet browser.
- - We have tried to make navigation consistent for the entire website, using the same structural models for each page.
In order to make the experience of navigating our website easier, Globalvia has created keyboard shortcuts (accesskeys) which allow users to access certain links by hitting different keys (which vary depending on the web browser used) instead of using the mouse.
- - Internet Explorer PC: ALT + shortcut + ENTER
- - Firefox PC: ALT + SHIFT + shortcut
- - Opera PC: SHIFT + ESC + shortcut
- - Safari MAC: CTRL + shortcut
And the reference number of the shortcut to the contents indicated below: